View Single Post
Old 20th December 2016, 05:57

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Swifty - Cheers.

Just remember that talking to a stranger on the tube usually marks you out as either a tourist or a "crazy person".
( Thankfully, as you are from 'Up North' and that counts as a tourist around here. )

Which is why driving this car has been such a pleasure, as people react in a very "non Londoner" way, smiling, waving and chatting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mister Towed - Maybe it is an age thing, but I'd forgotten to mention that I don't text and drive.

Whilst I post a lot on this forum, I do so from the comfort of my home, not the comfort of the driver's seat of my car!

Without wishing to turn this into a bad driving RANT fest, a couple of my pet hates include:

"There is something blocking my path so I'll just swerve around it no matter what is coming the other way."
- I've lost count of the number of times I've braked hard to avoid a head on collision with a car in "my" lane.
- This is usually followed by them ranting at me that I should look where I am going!
- The concept of slowing down and checking it is safe before manoeuvring seems a lost art of driving.
- I'd rank this as my number one reason for considering a dash cam.

"I can join the roundabout as long as there is a gap ahead of me"
- Thankfully these drivers are easy to spot, as they approach roundabouts without looking to their right first.
- As an added bonus these drivers will usually also put their foot down, because, seemingly, speed will always make bad driving safer.
- Clearly, the fact I am already heading toward the gap they are now aiming for, with the right of way, means nothing.
- They also don't seem to understand that if I didn't brake I would probably plough straight into their driver's side door.

Actually, I'll stop there before I really start ranting and raving.

This is another reason I respect the job the Police have to do, as they see the consequences of bad driving on a daily basis.

Personally, I could barely watch the "in cab" footage of that lorry driver ploughing into stationary traffic while using his phone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyway, depressing posts from me will not do much for the season of goodwill.

So I'll leave you with a more uplifting thought...

"There are only 5 more sleeps 'til Christmas.

Take care, Paul.