View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2009, 06:37
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Adam.

I upgraded the front springs to 220 due to the ones supplied too soft. Once the car is on the road, I shall be taking the car to track developments as John did to get a professional assesment with weights etc. As car had a Rover Turbo in it before, what to get the spring rates right instead of keep guessing.

As for engine mounts etc. I had the Rover running gear before. MGF gear change, gearbox etc. So mine is based on Rover running gear with the 1.8T bolted on. But beefed up the gearbox internals to cope with the extra modded power.

Mine are all done, just little odds and sods to do before I take the car to get exhaust made. I'm going for around 300-350 mark on standard internals for now. After experience with 200 BHP, this will be plenty. At 200BHP, it was frightening. So god knows what it will be like like this!
If it was me going for the power you aiming for, I would get all the major components built up and take it to track developments.

The engine was sick when I went to woodbridge (170BHP at the wheels) before it went to heaven. It managed 120 MPH on the straight (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile).