View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 07:40

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

The door locks are very easy, door gaps much harder.
I have used the grey material they use to line vans with in the boot and it looks very good, very cheap and easy to fit. Would make a very good headlining, available in black or various shades of grey.I would suggest fitting it before bonding the roof on, just leave the first few inches loose so you can glue it over the join once the roof has been bonded on.
I have a garage but it has so much crap in it that the whole build has been done on the drive. Harder for you as you will lose your roof. I have bought a good quality car cover from Ebay, website sells them for £175 and I picked it up for £27. Now is a good time to look as people are not using them. Mine is semi tailored and was to fit a Alfa Spider.
In fact it was so cheap I managed to pick up 3 more covers, 2 for my GTO's and one for my MK2 Jag. Nothing over £40 and they have clips and starts and are all thick breathable material. I went mad because next door have just knocked down their house and the amount of dust is amazing.
The one for the Z3 was used to keep it water tight when all the 250 panels were removed to the back garden for priming.