View Single Post
Old 7th March 2015, 10:24

jones is on a distinguished road

So unfortunately as I write this I am a few hundred miles away from the build and seemingly the car build has ground to a halt. Work and just general life have got in the way, I now have all the tools and all the materials just none of the time - the one thing I swore to myself was not going to jeopardise this build.

However there has been some progress as previously alluded to I now technically have everything I need, yesterday was the mile stone - there was one item(or actually four) that was going to be a big factor in the success of this build - the wheels!

So I truly wanted to tread new ground and do something different to the all the other great examples already built. I looked at some modern larger diameter wheels but just didn't like it, then looked at some modern retro wheels like the Rota's range. I then came across the Revolution wheels, was it four or five spokes? This seemed to be the only question left.

And the winner is....

COMPOMOTIVE FH! I saw this set being advertised and I had to have them, they are a staggered set, due to be delivered next week and then the cutting of the arches begins!

Last edited by jones; 7th March 2015 at 12:01.. Reason: typo and forgot the obligatory photo