View Single Post
Old 31st March 2017, 19:15

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I love most of Ed Roths stuff ..he didn't always get it right , but he was quite a character and skilled bike and car builder ...good luck with the build , I am watching this with interest ...

I built 2 VW Beetle based 32 Fords a few years ago ..a Roadster with slight rear stretch and engine ancilliaries moved about to get it all in the boot and a Roadster Pickup that was a lot easier to build ...

The Roadster retained its stock front axle mounted to a beam extender , I notched the grilleshell over the steering box and fitted huge headlights low down to hide it..fake fibreglass chassis rails and fake wishbones helped it look less VW like ...

The Pickup had a dropped I beam with F100 front brakes and a Pop spring and split wishbones ..I made a front section of chassis that bolted to the framehead to mount a Model A crossmember on the front and it gave me some stock looking framehorns too ...

Beetles are still great bases for loads of vehicles , but the rising cost of them is making it trickier to find a cheap enough donor ... ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 31st March 2017 at 19:29..