View Single Post
Old 24th March 2019, 07:41

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quick Update
I made a last minute decision to attend my mate's dad's funeral near Enniskillen on Friday morning.

To make the logistics as simple as possible, this became a 900 mile round trip drive via the ferry to Dublin.

As I've know his family for over 40 years it was the right thing to do and it all went as well as these sad events can go.

Without wishing to get into the politics of BREXIT, I thought you might light to see what a "soft" border looks like.

Apart from the road signs switching from KPH to MPH (and vice-verse when you go South), that really is it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ebay Sales
As it turned out, my latest round of sales ended while I was in a pub in Maguiresbride following the church service on Thursday evening.

Which, combined with dodgy WiFi at my B&B, meant I couldn't message the buyers until I got back on Saturday morning.

Thankfully, I had actually promised to post everything else out on Saturday and was still able to make that deadline.

One more free item
My last round of tidying up uncovered the original heater from my Spitfire 1500 donor.

As I can 100% guarantee that is works properly, although I think it does, I didn't want to list it on Ebay.

I've tried to give it away via Rods 'n' Sods as collection only, but with no joy so far.

So if anyone here wants to collect it for free from the Wembley area just let me know.

Alternatively, I could attempt to wrap it and post it, but would have to charge, as it is a big & awkward thing.

With a bit of luck I will be able to spend some time on the car next week.

Until then, take care, Paul.