Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2014, 05:54

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Hi you all,

Since I reached the stage of placing the bonnet, I had a problem with pieces of engine sticking out of it and a radiator beeing pushed down to street level.

[IMG][/IMG]

Off course, this means scoops. The shape of the thermostat housing and the hose coming out of it, directs a pretty wide scoop. As seen before with manny Spyders. I wanted a more narrow scoop and this ment that I had to change the thermostat housing.

[IMG][/IMG]

As fot the radiator, I decided to have one made according to my own specs. I want a system with an expansion tank, a filler screw, connecting pipes at the right place, correct mounting, hight, with, sensor for the electric fan, sufficient colling capacity, correct mountng for the electric fan I have. Well, there was no way a stock radiator would meet all these needs.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also I had the expansion tank changed. One pipe outlet was plugged and one pipe at the under side was changed in shape and diameter.

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see here, I used the bracket for the expansion tank to mount the remote reservoir for the master brake cilinder as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Michiel