Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 9th March 2014, 09:17

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

I have received a message out of Poole. The car was delivered without any complications I came to hear about. So that is a releif.

@Paul, I made a wooden frame. That way a fork lift won't damage the underside of the car. This worked well. Still, nothing beats solid ground
@Towed. Abbandon the project, like in abbandoning the ship? I think I don't understand. I'm not abbandoning the project, au contraire, I'm having the car sprayed so that I can finished it and drive it
@el primer, you must be right about the laminators. It's just that I talked to Mike on collection three years ago, and this lead to my assumption that he made the body

Anyway, I still have some pictures left that concerns my scoop, which I will post now.

Now that my thermostat housing is changed, I could look out for a narrow scoop. After searching for shapes that I could use for the building of the scoop (or bulge). I found a vase that I thought, had a nice shape.

After waxing, I gave it a gelcoat.

[IMG][/IMG]

After this I laminated it, to make a mould. With this mould I made the final scoop.

For the little scoop/bulge that was needed to cover the above of the first carburettor, I used a plastic gardening shuffle.

It all lead to this:

[IMG][/IMG]

I also made a mould that has the shape of a sfere. With the scoop and the sfere, I can make a bulge. After some consideration, I choose for the scoop and not for a bulge. A bulge would change the shape of the bonnet beeing more of an integral part. A scoop is more laying on top of the bonnet leaving the bonnet shape as is.

Michiel

Last edited by christinedmc; 9th March 2014 at 09:19..