View Single Post
Old 8th June 2017, 18:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers.

Hopefully, the rear light plinths and the bonnet locks are the last of the 'sunny side' modifications required.
( I still need to repair some damage on the underside of the boot at some point. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mick - Thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for the magazine, but I can't imagine that my approach is being encouraged.

I must confess your "That'll do" comment is a timely reminder that I don't need to achieve perfection.

Thankfully, I think the worst of the preparation work is over and I just need the weather to brighten up a bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Token Gesture:
Only had a chance to work on the car in the evening.

But no sooner had I peeled back the covers and started sanding when it started raining.

Eventually. I managed to extend the sanded down areas around the rear light plinths.

Unfortunately, the area under the rear number plate plinth will have to wait until I remove the tail pipes.

But that is not happening until I fire up the engine one last time before the car is put on blocks.

I really wanted to get a fresh coat of etch primer around the rear light plinths this evening.
( To check what they look like when everything is one colour. )

However, the risk of rain was too high.
( It is actually raining again as I type this. )

I've got a meeting in town tomorrow, so I will see if I can squeeze any car work around that.

So until next time, take care, Paul.