View Single Post
Old 26th June 2014, 05:58

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Hammy - As you've asked for feedback, here are a few of my thoughts (for what they are worth)...

You might be able to remove "Replica" from the title of this thread if you use the "Edit" button on your first post.

This is what sums up your project for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
... its just supposed to be a modern take on a great old historic and poignant piece of Chapmans work ...
This is effectively the Tribute Automotive philosophy and yet even they still get comments about their cars not being perfect replicas.

Which leads me to this great quote about trying to build a Countach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
... I now know that i don't want another "replica". Now please don't get me wrong i'm not slagging replicas off in any way, not in a million years! Neither am i criticizing any of the guys who have replicas of Lambos / Ferraris / Lancias etc... But having owned this MasterCo i have realised that for-me, at this point in my life, one of the things i enjoy most about the whole Kit Car "experience" is having something that i can do whatever i want to with, tinker with, redesign etc.. without having some say "that doesn't look right" ...
So there will always be people who have got something negative to say, but who cares about them?

You are "saving" this car from a life in the undergrowth, this is surely a good thing, so do what you want with it.

Personally, I took a lot of confidence from the fact you cut the whole car in half with out hesitation.

As this made my removal of the scuttle area on my Cordite look like a minor scratch by comparison.

Finally, I had taken a copy of this photo for a reply I will be making on my own build thread later today...

I am calling this the supermarket car "test".

If your finished car is parked next to anything "modern", it will stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons.

So build the car you want, to the best of your ability and the limits of your base car, then enjoy it.

Good luck, Paul.