View Single Post
Old 16th November 2014, 17:51

davecymru is on a distinguished road

You can tell I've had a long weekend, I scan read your post Paul and I was actually looking at your car pic to see if I could see a cat! then I read it properly

As far as the headlights are concerned, as long as you can adjust them their full range of travel up/down and left/right, then I think we're fine? Although I'm open to being told by someone else that the adjustment holes have to be located xyz?

---

This weekend I wanted to finish cutting the bulk of the interior panels before it starts to get really cold and I have to work with the garage door shut. As it turns out SWMBO gave me a bit more 'garage time' than I was expecting and I end the weekend with the interior panelled all apart from a few small odds-n-sods!

Passenger side panelled first as I thought it was going to be the most awkward. It was!

Just got to mount clips for the wires, that I want to leave partially visible as I've seen that look in a few 50's era race cars.

Then it was trying to figure out how to close the gaps between the rear of the dropped floorpans and the rear bulkhead.

Tried one idea on the passengers side and it seemed to look the part and did the job nicely!

The eagle-eye'd amongst you will notice a few seam gaps yet to be filled, but shhh... don't tell anyone else and i'll sort them out before it's on the road

Then I did the drivers side
And did the curved strip joining the upright panels on the drivers side
And made up the top of the tunnel.

There are a few interior panel gaps that aren't quite 100% (we're not talking anything major!) and I was worrying about them, but a few of my neighbours popped in for a nosey and told me to stop being daft and that it looks totally "period"! and if I'm leaving it bare for a while then don't even bother to rub off the pencil marks as it all 'adds to the look' .

While I now agree about some of the gapping, I'm not sure about leaving all of the pencil marks yet

Happy happy happy

Last edited by davecymru; 16th November 2014 at 17:58..