View Single Post
Old 4th December 2007, 18:47
Kit Car Dreamer

Nathan2504 is on a distinguished road

Thank you to Eddy and Rich, who had the time to see me on Saturday. Sorry for the sharp exit, it was the temp that dropped a bit too quickly. Hope you sorted out those starting problems.

I have a few quick questions. Don't go out of your way to get this information for me, but if you happen to have it to hand it would be of great help. I am worried about the lack of head room in the car. Can you tell me what the approximate internal height is, so I can start calculating possible seating options? Also, what is the internal width of the space behind the seats? I'm just wondering if my golf clubs will fit (I need 125cm).

My main concern is the Phantom that Chris demonstrated to me only had "less-than-an-inch" clearance from the top of my head to the roof-lining. This means I would not be able to wear a crash helmet, hence attend any track days in it. I am wondering just how low you could mount a seat to free up more space. I have just tried to measure my height while seated (looks quite funny!) and I need around 100cm to the top of my head, but then an additional 10cm for helmet and anti-head-banging-on-roof-clearance.

Cheers guys! Be in touch soon.