View Single Post
Old 6th October 2017, 17:23

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Well she went in for MOT ....We didn't pass but its nothing too serious ...

We had an earthing fault on the headlights ...a recurring one thats now fixed ...
An indicator that suddenly refused to work on the front ...fixed.
A tail light that likes to flicker on and off due to a crap connector plug.
A very slight weep on a front brake pipe ...fixed.
A low reading on the handbrake because some knob ..(me) didn't re-adjust it up before the test ...fixed.

So just the rear light to deal with from an MOT point of view ...

It means I didn't get time to do the niggle jobs for Graham to get the car for tomorrow ...I need to go and get the headlight covers , black the rims and fit the thread-sert rubber bush things to hold them on with M4 panheads.
Fit the seatbelts ...a 62 Chassis enabled me to MOT without them.
fit some inner arch panels to stop Graham getting wet ..
fix the grille in a bit better , the drive down highlighted a flex in the middle ...the drive down also highlighted a rattly door latch I need to adjust ...
I want to fit rubber trim around the bonnet aperture and a piece of U section at rear of cockpit to stop seat belt chafe when fitted ...
but really thats kind of it ... a couple of hours today , a couple tomorrow and a couple when the rubber trim and headlight lenses arrive and we are there ...

The only other thing the drive to MOT highlighted is that the car is a joy to drive ..pretty responsive , plenty of room compared to its cousins and an absolute blast ...

Graham should be taking ownership by mid week at the latest ....