View Single Post
Old 9th June 2018, 19:48

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkenben View Post
Ok interesting. So there may be problems with an mx250 hard top kit. The bumper covers need to be removed but the bumpers remain and the fuel filler needs to be moved a little. Hmmmm
Don’t worry about LVV too much until you have engaged with certifier. These guys are realistic, passionate about the car “hobbyist” approach and can provide good advice and practical solutions. I have just started my journey but have got a good certifier who is interested in the concept and project.
I know LVV is another regulatory hoop to jump through, but with low level (I.e. level 1A/1B or possibly Level 2 required it is not too daunting. Also when doing the car to get items such as wire wheels/adaptors fitted/Fuel filler moved it is all part of the very important look so a bit of extra work shouldn’t put you off.
In a few weeks I will be at the point of heavily engaging with the initial stages of certification and what we can/can’t do so once the car is stripped so will post updates on my thread when I can. Cheers- good luck with your plans!