Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2018, 16:59

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

It is single skinned with a metal frame. The GRP is about an inch thick! It is all very heavily laid up and has stood the test of time well. I do have a Southern Roadcraft bonnet which is a thin flimsy thing in comparison. The Robin Hood seems to be far more substantial.

I have been onto Airey tuning, have a good reputation and are old school, carbs only no injection. More than happy to deal with a V12 6 carb set up, between £4>£500 depending on how many jets are needed. Bonus is it is right by my favourite pub, The Flowerpots in Cheriton.

Car failed its MOT 2 years ago when the last owner bought it, failed on emissions, handbrake and rack mounts. I have spent the day under it and there are new handbrake pads and cable and the rack has new mounts. I know the previous owner took it in for some work, there is a full set of valves and buckets in the boot, he did say they took one head off but didn't seem to know why. Also in the boot is a bag full of new and used jets and diaphragms, I'm hoping they may have improved the emissions, may even be able to get an MOT before having it tuned.