Thread: Build progress
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2005, 17:27
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

The holiday season has given us time to sit next to the car and think about how and where to run things. The intake is going to be a rather interesting one. I'll let the pictures do the talking once all the bits turn up from Rally Design.

Ordered are silicon hoses, ducts, oil cooler and pipes. After further consideration we're moving the rad further forward, placing the oil cooler in front and getting a "sucker" fan instead. The current position places the rad too close to the engine for me to be comfortable with.

Also up for work is the steering column. After enlarging the hole on the bulk head we were able to mount it using the bracket already in the car. However after spending some time sitting in the driver seat we both agreed we didn't like the alignment and have decided to customise it. Using the brake we already made and the now enlarged hole I think we have a steering position that suits our personal taste.

The brake pedal - after several hours of going nowhere trying to bend it, it's time to call in a professional. This stuff is too thick for our weedy gas burner and vice to bend.

The Rally Design order came today, so we've been able to start putting the intake together!

Here are some pictures:

Oil cooler

Intake system

Steering column bracket test fit