View Single Post
Old 9th June 2019, 19:27
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Misc updates - part 3

Well another week of a miscellany of tasks completed.....

I started with having a go at cleaning out the crankcase breather oil separator but after cleaning it out I found the membrane was perished and split. A new one was ordered.

Crankcase oil separator by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I then fitted the ground connection between the engine and the chassis. This is the main chassis ground point.

Wiring by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I then started to re-assemble the inlet manifold that had been stripped, cleaned and parts repainted. I refitted the idle control valve and the new crankcase breather oil separator with new seals. The fuel tank breather connection has been plugged as I'm not using it. (centre of the picture). The vacuum hose to the fuel rail pressure regulator is split and perished so will have to be replaced.

Inlet manifold by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

More parts had arrived in the post so I could complete the heater plumbing hoses.

Heater plumbing by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Then back to the wiring, I drilled a hole and fitted the car looms ground connection.

Wiring by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Moving on, I started thinking about refitting the camshaft cover. Since the engine has not run for many months I coated the cam lobes with a liberal layer of engine assembly paste to prevent any damage on the first start before the oil pressure is up.

Engine prep by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I had temporarily fitted the Inlet manifold to check clearances, etc. I had to modify the bracket under the front end of the manifold as it was just fouling a bit on the oil pressure sensor. A quick mod on the angle grinder and all was good.

Inlet manifold by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I've also refitted the dipstick with a new o-ring seal and then fitted the fuel supply hoses from the hard lines up to the fuel rail.

Fuel supply by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Good progress last week but there'll be a short pause now while I repair and repaint the grandkids playhouse

More updates in about two weeks time....

...peter