View Single Post
Old 9th September 2013, 10:30
Enthusiast

cabrioman is on a distinguished road
Default Servo Hose Plumbing

Need a spot of advice guys.

Just started finalising the position of the AFM in my Cabrio and need to have it facing downwards to the rear as Peter had his in his Sportster. I will have to move the idle control valve as it means rotating the rubber elbow.

Rotating the elbow also moves the servo connection on the elbow to the top... so here's where I need the advice.

Can I do away with the original complicated dual servo connections off the inlet manifold and elbow and just run a single take off from the manifold straight to the servo via a non return valve and then blank the connection on the elbow and the bottom connection on the inlet manifold.

Problem is I don't have the original t-piece and check valve that connects the two servo take offs together and the parts are not available from BMW.

I had thought the t - piece tube was just a T connection but it shows on real oem as an "air pump" what does it do and do I need it?

The check valve that connects the two servo take offs is $74 so not just a simple non return I assume, what does this do and can I get rid of it?

And finally what did most people do with the cam box breather, run it into a catch tank or filter??, I am not really sure where it connected to on the e30 I assume into the air box which I don't have.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers

John
Available from eBay