Thread: Oxford build
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:00

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road
Default Oxford build

I'm ashamed to say that I have been a lurker for over a year and have been preparing/building secretly in Oxford for nearly a year. Progress has been slow. Partly because of available time, and partly because I've had to build/rewire the workshop.

Thanks for the entertainment and insights that you have all provided. I like the tone of the forum and the fact that this is "not a club".

I shall start to post photos and updates in the next few days.

I started with a 13/60 Saloon that came with a complete stripped Vitesse plus a van load of other spares.

The aim is to end-up with a nimble road car that I can use in sprints and hillclimbs. It will be a 1300 with twin SUs and a 4-2-1 straight through. Unleaded head and a little bit of lightening and balancing.

I plan to use the steel floor from the tub and build my own frame. Gary kindly supplied me with a body in April.

What started as a pragmatic "get it on the road" build has become an obsession and I now have a zero miles Newark Engine, and zero miles Mike Papworth gearbox and diff tucked safely away waiting to be installed.

That's enough for now. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Available from eBay