View Single Post
Old 21st March 2015, 20:05

jones is on a distinguished road

So a lazy start to the day but an hour or two later I am in full swing! Awaiting a delivery for some new welding gloves I got on with some other jobs.

1st up making the boot hinges:

I noticed they could be cut and then using the existing pieces it can be made into what I need. It will now be bolted to the boot rain gutter, I will support it with a metal plate on the topside to spread the load.

Then I got on and did the rear lights - Its an optical illusion on the reflectors looking out of line - measured about 10 times and then when I fitted look straight close up but stood back look out of line - will tweek closer to paint.

I paused before doing the other side and decided I needed fulfill some cutting stuff urges as it started to cloud over at this point and to do the cutting i wanted I had to remove the rear shell.

Yep I wanted a single boot only...

So with the clouds ever darker I put the car 'back together' good the cover on and clamped down and then got back to the lights. I jacked up the car on one side and stuck the spirit level on to make sure it was perfectly level. Grabbed the template and started marking out and drilling holes. This is what I am left with:

Last edited by jones; 27th April 2015 at 18:53..