View Single Post
Old 18th July 2013, 18:30

redfarmer84 is on a distinguished road

Went back yesterday with some help and took off the tarp to take a closer look. The door opened and closed good and tight. The interior will need to be "redone" but that would be one of those things you could go as far as you wanted to. The exterior looked good and solid that I could tell from looking quickly. I noticed the fiberglass seemed rough in places such as the front (hood). It was almost as if it had 3-D webbing effect to it. Before it is painted, it would have to be real smooth. I'm used to painting sheetmetal but not fiberglass, so i'm not sure what all would need to be done. Third, I opened the engine hatch and saw the VW engine and it looked to be complete. I was able to turn the crank pulley by hand, there fore the engine isn't frozen up. The back window (plexiglass from Allied) had a peice missing/broken, so that will have to be replaced. I couldn't tell much about rust on the floorpan by where it was sitting and I didn't want to get snake bit or have to stick my head in the tall grass. All in all, I'd say its in pretty decent condition and very "restorable". Here are some more pictures.....

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Last edited by redfarmer84; 18th July 2013 at 18:32..