View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:22

rickhlondon is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both for replies.
No, I hadn't seen the ebay one (must have snuck in on the rare moment I wasn't on ebay) and will research further, thanks.
Lancelot, yes I have a withheld number and will call you again also.
Re: the work, I am classic car obsessed. I have done a bit of historic rallying and am currently building a 60's historic race car, (you can never have too many projects!) but, although reasonably handy with a spanner, am acutely aware that my enthusiasm far exceeds my ability.
In reality, of late, I have been making the coffee whilst a man who does know what he's doing has been doing most of the work and I have thoroughly enjoyed the process and learned a great deal.
I can call on expertise if I mess up, but would like to have a go myself.
What caught my eye was the Lancia D24 which I thought was beautiful and the reality that a genuine one would never be available.
I started off looking at the Sammio Spyder, but from the pics, to me it looked slightly out of proportion at the front end.
Having said that, the green one on the front of kit car magazine recently is a cracker.
Then looked at the Cordite and then Miglia Speedster. Slightly longer front end, doors, and just, to me, looks more 50's and elegant.
So there we are. It appears that the Spartan which comes with the Miglia body on ebay, is based on a Vitesse chassis. I assume that's the same as the Herald and is suited to the Miglia body, as I had thought that the Miglia was based on the spitfire chassis, which I thought was longer?
To be honest, having looked at everything I can find on Spyder/Cordite/Miglia over the last few weeks, together with the somewhat chequered ownership histories of the various companies and related changes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting slightly confused!
Bottom line is that the car is very evocative and attractive and in theory at least should be relatively easier (I may eat those words) to put together on an existing chassis than starting totally from scratch.
Really appreciate the constructive and helpful comments.

Please keep them coming.

Rick