View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:35

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhlondon View Post
I started off looking at the Sammio Spyder, but from the pics, to me it looked slightly out of proportion at the front end.
Having said that, the green one on the front of kit car magazine recently is a cracker.
Then looked at the Cordite and then Miglia Speedster. Slightly longer front end, doors, and just, to me, looks more 50's and elegant.
So there we are. It appears that the Spartan which comes with the Miglia body on ebay, is based on a Vitesse chassis. I assume that's the same as the Herald and is suited to the Miglia body, as I had thought that the Miglia was based on the spitfire chassis, which I thought was longer?

Rick
You are right , the Lancia D24 was a major influence on the S*mmio Spyder and the similar offerings it subsequently spawned ...namely Cordite and Miglia. The Byers SR 100 was another car I kept getting drawn to through those early development years as well ...
The Miglia is probably the most correct cockpit wise to the D24 , which affects bonnet length etc.
I think a Miglia with a reduced headrest , full bootlid and squared off grille lower jaw , would be pretty close ......

The Miglia and Spyder are based on the longer Herald and Vitesse chassis ...the Cordite was based on the shorter Spitfire and GT6 offerings ...

The existing chassis/drivetrain build start that side steps IVA is going to be the easiest route for you ...