View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:48

ericholm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
My first set of wires were from an XJS, bolt-on MWS wheels. The chrome wasn't very good so I had them chrome powder coated. They look very good but I have the MK2 Jag that has perfect chrome wires on and although they look good, they aren't chrome.
I then got lucky with a set o 5 chrome bolt-ons, brand new never been fitted. Again they were meant to be from a Jag but it turned out they were for a 90's BMW. Would have been perfect but they stuck out about an inch too far. If the car hadn't been painted I would have widened the arches slightly.
Now I have obtained a set of Dayton chrome bolt-ons that came from an XJS again so I knew these would fit.........would they bugger
They hit the front callipers, 3mm spacers on the front and a bit of adjustment to the front callipers with the trusty angle grinder and they fit. Again I have used spiggot rings and wobble bolts.
They now sit very nicely, just got to take them for a road test.
3 advantages of the Dayton wires over the MWS wheels. They weigh about half as much so much easier to take on and off, the wheel centre is smaller so it looks more like a proper wire wheel, more spoke showing and the calliper shows through and finally the centre cap is a much smaller diameter which again looks much better.
I will post a picture when (if) we get any sun.
Looking forward to seeing these Jag!