Thread: Sva
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:41
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

All was going really well, a few things had been looked at quite closely and the round lump had been brought out to check some stuff on the front, emissions test based on engine age (April 1995) was for non-cat but with a CO reading of 0.15% and HC reading of 50 it would have sailed through a cat test anyway. When it was put on the ramp the tester found I had forgotten to put in the split pins on the castle nuts on the front upright top ball joints - easy to put right on the yard. But then it was time for the brake test, failed on the drivers side handbrake caliper not opperating - the cable and the caliper pivot arm were moving freely but there wasn't any braking plus the front/rear brake balance was out, too much braking on the rear axle so the rear would lock up before the front.
So when I got back tonight split pins have been installed, the secret brake bias valve has been adjusted and the rear handbrake caliper has been stripped and reassembled. I had thought it might have siezed up but it was just badly adjusted and without any hydraulic circuit opperating on the piston the self adjustment mechanism would not work.
Anyway all sorted now so 8.00 a.m. tomorrow I shall be on the phone to book my retest.