View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 22:16

aofb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofb View Post
Wheels are on (so I can assess how much they need banding / spacing) and I've trial fitted the front end.

The front end is sagging to one side slightly (due to a failed spring on that side and a bit of natural warpage (the kit is a good 2-3 years old at least), which disturbs the shutlines at the doors and the bonnet. Luckily with some expert jacking all of this falls back into place nicely.
Famous last words.....

Failed spring took an investment in new kit (Blowtorch, air grinder) and many hours of swearing (at least 6!!), plus a new shock absorber to resolve. Still got another one to do but that'll wait.

With all of that in place, the front end sits absolutely sod all like level - lines up great at the NSF wing and both front end corners, but the OSF wing is a good 2-3mm inwards and a good 10mm too high, at best it's a good 5mm too high but wont bend any more so no chance it'll bend out alone. Looks like I'm going to have to relief cut and / or just cut the section out and patch it. Bugger! I wanted to learn GRP repairs on non-critical stuff really...

I'm intending to get all nerdish on it this weekend and check alignment of everything to a decent degree (+/- 2mm), but I suspect it'll tell me what I already know.