Thread: SORN
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2005, 18:26
Andysmith Andysmith is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: worcester
Posts: 4
Andysmith is on a distinguished road
Default re sorn

Heres how i think the sorn declaration works hope its of help.Up until a few years ago making a sorn declaration was voluntary however the law has changed and it is now a legal requirement.When the tax is up on your car a reminder is sent through the post and you either take this to the taxation office and retax the car or you tick the box to declare the car offroad you send it to the nearest taxation office and a few days later they send you notification of your sorn,this has to be renewed every twelve months.The reminder form is normally sent to the address of the registered keeper that appears on your log book.As you declared the car offroad before the change in the law my guess is you are covered but don,t quote me on this i,d have thought they would have been in contact with you by now if something was amiss however you may have problems retaxing the car after this time,personally i have had no problems in declaring my sprint on a sorn or retaxing after a layup.Hope this helps a bit.Andy S.
Reply With Quote