View Single Post
Old 6th April 2016, 19:57

davecymru is on a distinguished road

My how time flies as i've just had to book the car in for it's 1 year MOT next Fri!

I've done a few local(ish) run out's so far this year and i can confirm that without the bike helmet on it's still chuffing cold out there!!!
But that aside, the car seems to be going well and attracts attention whenever i take it out and still overshadows cars considerably more expensive!

Things learnt from "1yr in a Miglia"
Wind deflectors do look cool, but they are next to no use at much all else!
Having doors with a pull-cord to open them is also cool, but i do miss the drama of jumping over the side of the Sammio to get in/out.
Wire wheel adapters don't like me and so carrying a jack is an essential.
Miglias attract stone chips, but touching them up by hand with my sons paintbrush adds to the look of the car
It goes around corners like it's on rails, so I can have considerable fun driving well within the speed limits.
When describing it as "it's been built for barreling around the lanes" receives knowing nods from otherwise sensible gentlemen of a certain age

Jobs 'still' to do
Fit a smaller steering wheel as even though i moved the column position at it;s first MOT, there still isn't much space.
Move and recess the rear light - just... coz!
Line the inner front wheelarches and drill drain holes in the lowered floor pans in order to complete the 'wet weather capabilities'
The drivers left-foot footrest is a godsend, but needs adjusting.
Fit a heater!!

Hopefully i will be out-n-about in it a bit more this year (60 mile trip is longest undertaken so far!), and i look forward to finally meeting a few more of you
You never know, there may even more more than just me out in a Miglia in the not too distant future!