Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 17th November 2011, 20:54
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Update

Hi All

Quick Update
  • Spoke to Duksville today - Paul advises his supplier is out of stock, and does not expect to receive a new delivery this side of Christmas. I think we may have to wait longer than that, but we'll see.

I've had a search for manufacturers in the US, but to get them here at Duksville's price we would have to be a dealer - so unlikely, but worth a try.

Universal Adaptor

My aim is to make a plate like this, excluding the two threaded screw fixings. You can then drill and counter sink your own to suit your particular master cylinder and angle.
    The two smaller holes will be determined by the Dual Servo's studs.

Dedicated Adaptor?
    For those of you with master cylinders that have the same stud centres as the Metro, and who are willing to risk getting the correct angle relative to the servo, I could get studs welded in. What are your preferences? Now I think about it could this suit the majority?

I need to know the maximum dia. of centre hole required. Has anyone had any problem fitting their master cylinder to the Metro servo. Can I take it as a given that the hole needs only to match the Metro servo?

Jason has proven that the new Dual servo is self sealed, so there will be no requirement for the recess shown around the centre hole.

The bite out the side is for where the vacuum elbow fits, so will be common to all adaptors.

Mike