Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2015, 20:22
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Registration Forms turned up yesterday. Most of it is pretty straight forward and I found some online advice for a slightly older version here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index....vla-form-v555/

The one question I'm unsure on is the Tax Class to use, The guidance with the form says PLG before 2001 or Petrol after 2001. I've entered the first reg date as the date on the IVA form but want to pay tax as for a pre-2001 car.

I'm tempted to leave this field blank and include a note in the covering letter. Can anyone who's recently registered a car tell me what they put in this field to successfully get an age related plate and pay the old tax bands?

Also, for the built up vehicle form I've claimed
Chassis - marlin VIN - New
Axles (both) - No ID - From E36 Donor
Transmission - No ID - From a different E46 Donor
Steering Assembly - No ID - From E36 Donor
Engine - Engine # - From E36 Donor
Suspension (front and back) - no ID - New

I bought my gearbox from Peter but the source is unknown. My spare (identical) gearbox is from a known E46 coupe so I'll reg it with that. I can't claim front and rear suspension from the donor but think I can on the axles if you assume the stub axles on the front. Steering is a bit iffy as the column is from the donor but the rack is not. Have others done similar or been more/less economical with the truth?

thanks
Ian
Ian

Is the form still a V627/1 ?

I left the Tax classification blank and added a note asking for advice - they will return the form and you'll have to fill it in again after they have told you!
Mine cost £225 in Feb 2014.

My Cabrio was based on a Ford Sierra, so I had even less of the donor in my finished car than you, but still got an age related plate based on the parts I did have from the Sierra, which are much the same as your BMW donor.

Where they ask for Serial/ ID Number for the various parts I gave them my donor (Sierra) serial number, rather than say NO ID. Your parts are from your donor, and it's ID number is not wrong in those boxes. I did this for Axles, Steering Assembley, and Suspension, and gave the registration number of the donor.
Why do you say you can not claim the suspension is not from your donor? - The rear is straight from the donor. The front presumably used the front hubs, brakes, steering arm, so why not say you used the original BMW suspension - mine was accepted on the same basis as yours has been built.
I had to declare my engine and transmission was from a BMW as I had been able to get through the emissions on the basis of my engine being pre- August 1995.

Under any other information I stated I would like to apply for an age related plate on the basis that I had a new chassis and used more than two major components from my donor.
Remember, the guys processing your application know a lot less than you might think - they do not come across many kit cars, so do not know the rules well, or even at all.

I can email you a scan of my V627/1 if you would like it?

Mike