View Single Post
Old 20th February 2012, 07:07

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

An eventful weekend that was so busy I haven't updated my blog and am posting this from the train.
I spent most of saturday stripping the engine down. This is probably an really easy task for you proper mechanics but I have never done anything like this before so it was a slow but interesting process.
Saturday night involved a surprise party and getting to bed at 4am and sunday morning started with a 10am mountain bike ride. Not a good mix!
I wasn't feeling great after the ride but got a lovely email from Chaman.tech offering me the engine and box he had taken out of his scimi for a very reasonable price. I was going to pick it up in my TVR but decided to take the reliable and practical japanese pick up instead. It broke down twenty miles from Charman.techs house with a knackered alternator. The RAC managed to get me going by recharging the battery and disconnecting the alternator. I would be fine for the journey home as long as I didn't drain the battery using unnecessary things like head lights. The drive home in the dark was interesting

Anyway I now have two engines and gear boxes. Today I will order the new outriggers to weld on and next weekend will be busy
Unfortunately it will be busy fixing the pick up first then sorting out a tripping fuse in the merc then working on the G46. Who would have thought my TVR would be the least trouble of my four cars.

Last edited by WorldClassAccident; 20th February 2012 at 07:13..