View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 19:59

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dave - Cheers.

But let's not get carried away here, I need to take one small step at a time and see what happens.

Although the good news is that many MOT parts will simply bolt into place as the prep. work has already been done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not Quite A Start:
This evening, I tried to work out the best way to tackle reshaping the front wheel arch.

I turned the wheels to check the current clearance.

Then remeasured the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch.

It was now sitting at 4.5 inches, compared to 3.5 inches when the car was parked on the road on Saturday.

Initially, I thought that I could stick a spacer under the tyre to lift it up a bit, but that didn't work.

Unfortunately, when I removed the spacer & lowered the car back to the ground, the gap had somehow grown to 5.5 inches.

I really, really, hate my sloping driveway!

Anyway, after rolling the car back and forth a bit, it eventually settled back down at 4.5 inches.

Looking at the photos above, the drive is clearly tipping the entire body shell to the side.

Which might explain why I made a bit of a mess of the rear arch on the driver's side.
( Which is much lower than the passenger side. )

So I spent a long time trying to work out what I needed to do to get this right.

I think it will end up looking something like this.

But I will have another close look at this tomorrow before I start chopping things about.

So until next time, take care, Paul.