View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 12:04

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Barber - Cheers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday - OTT Shed Repairs
You may recall that one of the new shed panels fell over and was split by the edge of a garden chair.

Well this was the view of the damage from the inside after I'd pushed back together as best as I could.

I then bolted a small section of wood to the front.

And on the other side, there was another section of wood with some aluminium sheet behind it.

I think it is safe to say that should do it.

The good news is that with the repair finished, I could move my storage racks into position.

After a lot of rearranging, I decided to buy a few more shelves from IKEA in the morning...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday - Squeaky Bum Time!
The plan was to take the Swordfish on a very scenic route to IKEA.

After a trip to the petrol station, I thought I'd include a quick blast along the A406.

Shortly after I joined the North Circular, the engine revs died.

It took me a few seconds to realise that the accelerator pedal was going straight to the floor.

It was a few seconds after that when it dawned on me that I was now coasting to a halt on a major three lane road.

Just as I was reaching for my hazard lights I spotted a left turn ahead and swung the car into it.

Thankfully, the road was down hill and there was a space for me to pull into.

Not easy to see, but the no entry signs / brown fence mark the edge of the A406.

Up went the bonnet…

And a missing pin was the cause of the problem.

Off came the boot lid...

And I was able to bodge it together using a couple of zip ties.

So much for the scenic route, as then I worked my way over to IKEA using side roads.

To say I was gently caressing the gas pedal along the way would be an understatement.

Very happy to park up and get the extra shelves I needed.

Before gingerly working my way home.

With all the Spring cleaning I've been doing lately, I'm sure I came across a spare pin 'somewhere'.

But I will order a new one anyway and stay grounded until that arrives.

"Let's be careful out there."

Take care, Paul.