View Single Post
Old 1st April 2017, 17:45

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

Well after a bit of looking I finally got a car. Flew over to the UK during the week to pick it up and it's now sat on the driveway.

I gave it a good test drive on the way home, went from the south coast up to the wash and then across to holyhead via the peak district. After driving the 1.9 I must say the 2.8 is a much better car. I drove it in a pretty unhurried manner enjoying the sunshine with the roof down most of the time, but when I needed to over take it was effortless. Was a bit disappointed by the average speed cameras on the cat and fiddle!

Previous owner was sound, 3 of us offered asking price and I got it as I sounded like i would take care of it. I didnt mention turning it into a kit car. Oops.

The car is in good condition, and I am not too sure I want to take it apart now I've got it... but I cant afford to go buy another so...

Next step is to secure somewhere to do the work (although the driveway is an option). Went out and looked at a place last week but it was expensive for what was a farm building with no electricity. Hoping to see another couple of units this week.

IMAG0579 by couerdelion2013, on Flickr