View Single Post
Old 11th June 2017, 16:41

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

A few more pictures as I finish off a few of the many small jobs.
Sill plates fitted and they really tidy it
f12 by jaguartvr, on FlickrWe painted the under wing area as it would annoy me to see it unfinished, slam panel still to do.
f11 by jaguartvr, on FlickrThis picture shows the flow coat painted on the underside of the bonnet, not quite the right colour but it is so much better than the raw GRP. Will be getting another coat to cover up any overspray.
f10 by jaguartvr, on Flickr
Really pleased with the bonnet aperture, well worth the effort of setting it back under the opening, gives it depth and looks more like a metal panel.
f14 by jaguartvr, on FlickrUsed a Vauxhall Corsa boot light as the numberplate light. I know everyone else has gone for the traditional chrome lights but they seem to rust in front of your eyes. My headlight rims and mirrors are also showing signs of corrosion already. My Mini door handles were good 2nd hand items and show no signs of corrosion.
f16 by jaguartvr, on FlickrFinally a couple of shots of the grill, finish not perfect but it does look like chrome. I was talking to the man who does the plating and he said the problem with the sprayed chrome is that it discolours and turns bluishf9 by jaguartvr, on Flickr

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 19th July 2017 at 20:47..