Thread: Adam's Cordite
View Single Post
Old 8th October 2012, 08:47

adam1979 is on a distinguished road

I've finally made some progress this weekend after spending quite a while clearing junk out of the garage and building in storage and a decent workbench (my bench vice is already seeing heavy usage).

I'll post some pictures soon of the now body and suspension stripped GT6 ready for the long road of renovation! Quick work through, with 2 friends, we managed to strip the rear suspension, diff and prop, and both front suspension corners in one afternoon. Main problem though is rusted bolts inside the rubber bush collars. Any tips anyone, or am I just going to have to get medieval on this with some not so medieval power tools?

Also, has anyone got the Canley classics rear hub puller tool? Tried in vain to use a standard puller but not even close. If anyone has one, are they any good and worth the money and/or has anyone got one that they’d consider selling or lending out!?

A few more weekends like that and I’ll be ready to start cleaning everything up and replacing quite a few bits I think. The chassis looks OK apart from the front outriggers probably need replacement but I figure that I can position them to match the frame so not a huge problem!