Thread: Adam's Cordite
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 22:22

adam1979 is on a distinguished road

Forgive me father, I haven't confessed for quite some time!

Since last posting I've been chipping away (quite literally) at all the old bits stripped off the donar vehicle. Bodies were chopped up and scrapped, making space for the new body shell which is in suspended animation hanging from the ceiling and also allowed space to build a work bench and somewhere to store all sorts of stuff that was knocking around in the garage.

It's amazing how much space I now have without 2 GT6 bodies clogging everything up! I bit the bullet and bought a hub puller from canley classics and I have to say, it's mega. Stripped the rear axles in no time and now have most of the suspension components stripped too. Santa also gave me a parts washer to help me along my way

Here's a random selection of progress of stripping parts and the satisfying moment when I actually have something to show for all the effort! The only real downer so far is after cleaning up the gearbox I found a crack in the casing around the oil drain plug where it's been over tightened - new case or a serious repair required :-(

A load of parts ready for paint (I'm using POR-15 then a top coat of something like satin or Matt black from a rattle can)

...and here's some I did earlier, including the diff.

Loving following everyone else's builds so about time I documented mine! Aiming for chassis, running gear and engine ready sometime this year then we'll see after that!

Last edited by adam1979; 16th May 2013 at 22:40..