Old 4th July 2004, 11:59
Kit Car Dreamer

Stratos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Biker
How do you mean?
The closer your car is to being 'exact' the higher the regard. Pursuit of the exact replica is not the sort of thing I'm interested in. I actually wamted a Lotus Esprit, but was too tall for it. On looking at other options, I was smitten by the Litton. It was smaller inside than an Esprit, but being self-built I could make it fit me, not the other way round. Of course, putting different seats into the Esprit would've been far easier, but eventually not so much fun. So what I'm really interested in is self-built cars, and having fun in them. Concourse cars are just too anally-retentive for me, and I don't care if the chassis plate is an exact copy of the original, or if the dash warning light is the correct shade of red. It accelerates well, handles well and feels like a extension of my body. The wheels must be exact, but no larger than 15" diameter. . . etc. I don't want to knock such attitudes, but I don't share them. SO for my benefit, and to maybe exorcise my being the black sheep of the Stratos crowd I am evolving the bodywork to something much less Stratos-like.

In the Stratos community, there are many who want there car as exact a copy as possible, but there are equally as many who just want something that looks like a Stratos from the outside and want to enjoy driving it.

Your own plans for your car are EXTREME to say the least, but I don't believe anyone on StratosSupersite has discouraged you, or failed to help you with information, etc, just because of your plans.

As you know, my own car is far from an exact replica, and I'm more into making it a better car for use in my rally activities, than I am into it being an exact replica. Rallying is much more fun than having a car stood at a show, but, as you say, each to their own.

The following photo is of my car in action.

and hopefully another

As you might realise from the pictures, having my car in concourse condition, is not my overriding concern.

Hopefully, we'll speak in the Stratos Forum soon.