View Single Post
Old 24th January 2012, 17:28
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioman View Post
Looking good Mike,

is the missing drivers window glass to allow you to look cool with you arm draped on the top of the door or is it the start of a cunning masterplan mod to make the glass disappear into the door completly. Ah if only that was possible, it annoys the hell out of me.

Well done on the first drive, IVA looming.

John
Funny you say that John................

Whilst I will not do it before IVA, I am considering having a piece of glass cut for the driver's side window, with 2" less at the top, so that when it is wound down it will be flush with the top of the main door.
The idea then being to either bring the hood roof down lower to meet a lower window, or if viewing is essential through that section, adding a piece of clear perspex to the hood as a substitute?
As I have not even driven mine until the weekend, and have no idea what it is like for vision with the hood up, I don't know whether this is even a starter?
What are your thoughts?

As for IVA - I don't know. Is July realistic?
Again what do you guys who have been through IVA remember about the final preparation stages.
essentially I have to complete the wiring, install the dash and centre console which are both made, fit carpets, and then spend months worrying about what they might fail me for on IVA - and still leave something they can pick up on!!!
What do you IVA veterans recommend programme wise?

Mike