View Single Post
Old 6th October 2009, 05:46
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

As BigRich above. It is not a bolt togther job like some other kit cars. So don't think that. And if your going the Seat route, expect some big challenges. Especially for a new first time builder. But I think the correct choice if you want to go "bigger power" route. Or Type R route I would concider. Mr Dry is you man to compare VW and Honda as he has experience with both. Only thing I can guess is that the VW engine will be a less revvy engine. A bit on par with the T series turbo I would guess. Lower revs etc for power.

As you will be one of the first (a couple new builders just started). I think the only Seat based Marlin on the road at the moment is there race one.

I would suggest get out in as many different engined cars as possible before you decide. Speak to the owners about the car, etc

If you look here, you can find the EXI owners.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...9,77.34375&z=4

Only owners that have asked to be put on the map though. There's another Turbo owner near Colchester way. But your getting to the time of year where some people are taking there cars off the road for winter. So possibly bad time to get test runs.

We are a good friendly bunch here. And will help each other out along the way. Any questions, ask away.

To help you start, Mark Evans (Race car is born series) is a vet as well.