View Single Post
Old 8th October 2009, 08:48

nutter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddAllsop View Post

Nutter- Good to hear positive feed back so far. I'm very interested how your build goes as I'm hoping you will come across and solve specific leon donor problems before I have to!!! I hope you wouldnt mind keeping me up to date with any specific issues you find? I'd really appreciate any help you can give.
Sure No problem, follow my build on my website
contact me on the forum, PM, email. Your more than welcome.

Marlin have the VW range of engine in their race cars, and the differences between the new and older chassis is large.
People have said they couldnt get the 6-speed gearbox into the chassis, but Mark had no problem making it fit into the GTR chassis.

So far I am into week one of my build, and am still cutting, glueing and rivetting panels to the chassis. In terms of moving forwards with the engine, not got there yet.
I also have to figure out the wiring loom, as there is not a VAG loom available for the EXI, not a challenge I feel being an electronic/electrical engineer by trade. I will be feeding back my loom into Marlin.

Another thing to note if going the VAG route, is the ECU, the immbolizer can be disabled, and the ECU re-chipped.