View Single Post
Old 30th May 2019, 07:56

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking This Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Yesterday's sortie in the A352 was to the Berkeley Castle Classic Car day. I had originally planned on going to Castle Combe but when I looked at the card the runners and riders didn't exactly blow my skirt up. I'd not been to either this event or its venue previously, despite its being more or less on my doorstep.

On arrival mid morning I parked with the punters and was immediately buttonholed by fellow enthusiasts. I asked a steward in the show area if I could move my car there and he kindly agreed . There was a really good variety of machinery on display with a scattering of kit cars, amongst which were two of my least favourites: a VW Beetle floorpan based 'Type 35 Bugatti' and a Robin Hood. However, I had a long chat with the owner of a glorious Moss Roadster regarding both his machine and Monacos. Interesting stuff!

The car of the show, for me, was this Turner in Team Elite livery, beautiful!

When I returned to the car to leave I was besieged by punters for 15 or 20 minutes, one of whom said he'd built a Jaguar based D-Type lookalike in Ecurie Ecosse colours which he'd mistaken mine for. The twin apparently now lives in Bristle: it would be good to track this down!

Regards, Mick
This Sunday is the Berkeley Castle Classic Car Show, which I attended last year, as above . I was alerted to this on the events page of Classic Car Weekly, an excellent source of info.

If I can sort out the throttle problem I'll go in the A352, otherwise the S4 Seven.

Regards, Mick