Thread: Wardy's A352
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 06:42

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default 15" Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy50
With regard to wheel sizes, has anybody fitted 15" and what tyre size did you fit. Subsequently were there any issues with clearance in the arches??

Hi Steve

I fitted 15" TR6 wheels to my A352. I used hub adaptors after swapping the wheel studs for Range Rover ones, these increased the track about 15mm each side. I put hose clips on the outer ends of the rack to limit the lock but the tyres still fouled on the footwell part of the bulkhead, which I had to cut away and recess a good inch.

I first made the panel to fill this hole from thin ally, flattened it and used it as a template for the galvanised steel item which was seam welded. It still needed a little cold dressing with a lump hammer before I was happy with the clearance.

At the back I lined the arches with aluminium sheet using pop rivets and GRP. The 155 80 15 tyres (VW Beetle, for that 50s look) foul a little on bump but the nice MOT man has turned a blind eye

I'm fitting 15" MGF wheels to my Spitfire chassied Moss Monaco, as the PCD is also 3.75". I'm using Range Rover studs and nuts again, but, with the open wheeler design, fouling won't be a problem other than on full lock. I'll use the hose clip trick again to combat this.

Regards, Mick