View Single Post
Old 28th February 2016, 20:57

swifty is on a distinguished road

Been having a few issues with the carbs, if the engine was stopped once hot then restarted with slightly pressing the throttle the carb's flooded, more so the front one. I removed both float bowls to check that there was no debris in the float needle valves then turned my attention to the Filter King with fuel pressure regulator which i backed off slightly, all seems to be fine now just need to make sure enough fuel is getting to the carbs at full speed.

I did take it around the local estate for a quick spin and boy does it sound great, can't wait to get it on the open road. Its funny how the sound of a crackling exhaust make's a petrol heads day. Roll on the summer......

IMG_43245.jpg

Picture showing the hole the fuel pours out of when flooding, this port vent's from the float chamber that allows excess fuel to pass through into the air filter housing.

One more major step completed with the build, the dash is finally complete with all clocks etc working. I had been waiting for a water temp gauge with a degree scale to come on flebay at a reasonable price which it did last week so after turning a brass adapter to suit the thermostat housing and the capillary tube nut the dash was complete.

I've also ran a bead of clear silicone on the under side of the screen ally trim to prevent water traveling under the screen and into the cockpit, although if it pours down while on the road the seal between the screen and car will the least of my worries.

IMG_6373.jpg IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg

I had intended to use the warning lamps built into the original speedo for high beam, alternator charge and indicator but decided to use individual Lucas warning lamps instead.

All in all I'm pretty pleased at how its turned out.

Next the seats are to be fitted then its off to the MOT station which i am trying to put off so as not to be able to use the car until the salt grit has washed off the roads.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 29th February 2016 at 06:56..