View Single Post
Old 10th July 2018, 18:56

Yorkshireman is on a distinguished road

Part two fitting the Alpha fiber glass bonnet to the original.

This was fairly easy but I did need assistance lifting and bonding the body in place.

The body was located into postion and measured up to the main body to find the middle.

Also at this time I sanded back the lip to allow the bonnet to rest in the correct postion on the bulkhead. I did worry to much about shut lines at this time.

So next was to lift off grind back the paint on old wings of old bonnet,apply bonding agent and re fit bonnet alinging up with my marks. I then added lots of weight to the bonnet and left the bonding agent 24 hours to set.

So with that I was planning a relaxing time with the dog(beer garden as it was sunny) as I didn't want to disturb the car. However my afternoon was disturbed by Son having car that wont start and could I look at it for him. His youngest sister also passed her test that morning and insisted driving me to her brothers house to Help me out. That Also required Fiance to assit.

So the Fiat 500 nicknamed the toaster by all except the daughter, jump started her brothers big x5 to her delight. So with two of the offspring happy Said fiance took me and the dog for a pint.