Thread: Bent Door
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2012, 13:27
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
dragging up a bit of an old one here.

I just had a go at rough fitting one of my doors to discover a bend inwards at the rear top and immediately assumed I was going to have to send them back. Luckly from the various threads on this topic it seems this is correct and that as both doors have identical bends, I'm ok.

However.... What I'm finding is that the bottom of the door is also following the twist so that the inside edge is lower than the outside at the rear. To get a 3mm gap under the outside edge means the inside catches on the side rail. I'll have to raise the door another few mm to make it shut cleanly and then I'll have a massive shut line along the bottom.

Any solutions to this that don't involve cutting, flattening out the bottom edge and getting it re-welded? I haven't cleaned up the welds yet so that will help a bit bit from what I can see, not enough.

I don't recall my doors having this problem? I would flatten the welds on the bottom of the door before making any other changes. And you want to align the outside surface of the door with the outside chassis sill. There is a nice thick door seal that fills the gap on the inside between the door and the inner sill.
I used strips of ordinary hardboard to get my gaps right.

I'm not sure if that helps??

...peter