View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 09:00

kevemm is on a distinguished road

Hi

re the vents so far no issues all i have concentrated is getting heat onto the screen no other vents i am not worried about getting air anywhere else nothing worse that a misty screen. The other question re driving with a helmet where do i start. I like period ones with a peak and the two i have now for the D type and the Monza have the internal drop down visors which are really handy and would recommend. Some of the helmets with the external visors do make a lot of wind noise but as i am a 1950's fan for me driving a car that is meant to look from the era must entail wearing a helmet. I have used both cars on the Jersey, Laon, Chantilly railies visits to Le mans many times, Goodwood Breakfast and Revival meets, Silverstone classic so i would say no issues for me. My wife also wears one and dont forget the safety issues on the Monza and D type i have very little screen at least when you get hit by a stone at 70mph i have more protection than a hat.
PS just on my way out in the Monza to the Woolpack Classic car meet in Ashford with me helmet on!!!
K