View Single Post
Old 1st June 2014, 20:02

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Cheers guys.

Now that I've had some sleep and not just sat in traffic jams all day, a bit more on my plans...

The donor is a 1600 Vitesse and the biggest difference I've already noticed to last time is that i have _all_ of the parts and they're all plugged together!!! Also the donor had a brand new chassis fitted towards the end of the 80's and then a new engine fitted by Canleys in 2003 and was used regularly until 2007 when it was parked up "for a while"

That currently looks like it may mean that the bits that i wanted to re-furb on my next build may actually already be done for me

Then there is my bug list of to-do's based on my Sammio building and driving experiences. Those currently are:
  • Doors - so that i don't ruin the seats
  • A Heater / Fan
  • A Wireless!
  • Twin Exhausts
  • Alloy rad and electric cooling fans (luckily i have a wide selection of fans left over from the Countach cooling debacle!)
  • In-hump storage
  • Leather interior
  • Paint the car myself and get a better finish, based on the experience i gained from last time
  • Upgrade the brakes
  • Trunionless front suspension!!
  • CV jointed driveshafts
  • Side windows
  • Chrome... bits...
  • NOT bullet wing mirrors
  • Possibly Burr Walnut dash
  • and more day dreams that I'm sure will change just as much as the above list as i progress and mean that Rimmer Bros and Canleys are kept in business for a long time to come

So not wishing to mess around, i've made a start.

Roof off, boot off, doors off, interior stripped:

Next will be bonnet off and dash strip. But first i want to figure out what half of the oddly marked buttons, knobs and random Lucas black toggle switches actually "do"