View Single Post
Old 24th March 2017, 18:04

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Update time ...not a lot to show , but its all steps forward ...the body is booked in on Monday to have the frames done ...I have sketched my plan , but I suspect Mark will change it !! He needs the car for the week ..so hopefully this time next week I can show a frame sat on a chassis too ...

Glan has moulded the doors ...

I am drilling the flanges tomorrow morning , but they are done ...

Bootlid is getting a 10mm return edge on it too , we had a flat panel mould already , but I used the single panel as a template to gap the boot properly and then we adjusted the mould and Glan made the flanges ..I need to crack them off in the morning , slide them forward a bit and drill ...

None of the above is particularly exciting to anybody but me really ...but it does mean all moulding on the bodyshell itself is done ..just the Triumph style bulkhead panel to do ...so , realistically , anyone wanting just a bodyshell with the intention of doing their own frame etc...could order one now ... ( I have had 3 enquiries going down that route )

I also had a visit from my laser cutting man today ...He dropped off the door hinges , tilt front bracketry and screenpost bases for me ...

The tilt front brackets and screenposts need some fabrication before they are ready , but , although the hinges need welding too ..I was able to slot one together to take a picture .....

All bracketry is drilled in the same style as these ...I am really pleased with them ..hopefully next week , a set will be hanging off the framework ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 24th March 2017 at 18:09.. Reason: extra letters typed in some words due to having sausage fingers !!