Thread: Dino 206P
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 09:34

Axel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
Great work Axel, when your shaping those rear wings do you change the size of the anvil or have you just used the same one?
I can see the scoops take a lot of work, what bit are you not happy with/ is the return lip.
Thanks Gary, the wings were done with the english wheel, no hammering at all. I used the anvil with the most curvature at the beginning, and smoothed it out with lower anvils and used the most straight one at the end. I added the most curvature at the cutout for the wheel, the cutout was smaller at the beginning, and I cut it to tire size at the end after the most wheeling was done with the EW. Then I used the shrinker to bend it more in over the wheel, and smoothed it with the EW again. This process I did several times.
The upper flange was done with the shrinker/stretcher, and wheeled afterwards to smooth it.
Yes, the return lip was a pain in the a....still not smooth enough, the double curvature of the panel at all turned out pretty nice in fact...after some panels went in the bin ;-)